From time to time you may come across crochet instructions telling you to have the "right side of the work facing you." Right side means, the side facing out after your project is finished.
- If you like the look of the back of the stitches, that can be your right side.
- When you work the afghan stitch, you will have two distinct looks. Either side of the work can be used as your right side.
- The front side for a hat made in rounds, will be the side facing you as your are making the hat. Maybe you like the look of the inside better so that can be your right side.
- If you are familiar with doily's, the part facing you as you are making the doily will be your right side.
- Think about a store bough T-shirt. The wrong side is the inside with all of the seams holding the shirt together. The right side is the external part that looks nice and neat.
When working in rows you will always alternate sides so both sides could be considered the right side or the front side. When working in rounds, some people like to turn so the stitches are alternating in both directions. If you do not turn with rounds, you may have a distinct front side that will look a little different than the back. Right side is open for interpretation. Front side does not always mean right side.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades