When I learned to crochet, I was taught that a slip knot was added to the crochet hook as a crochet technique alone. After that, you made a specific number of chains. I have never counted the slip knot as a stitch. Some people have been taught to count the slip knot. This will be another reason why the foundation chain count may be off when working a project. It will depend on how the crocheter was taught and how the pattern author was taught. This is something to keep in mind as a crocheter and deciphering the many patterns you come across. Each author is going to have a different interpretation in how they guide you to make a project.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades